If you should be bringing used freshwater fishing equipment into brand brand New Zealand, it should be dry and clean.
If MPI officers suspect your gear is not totally dry (also in the event that you washed it before coming), you need to either:
- wait during the airport until your gear is addressed at your cost (this can just simply take a long time)
- request assortment of your gear from a therapy center at your cost
- reship the gear at your cost
- authorise MPI to destroy the apparatus.
Tips on how to assist protect the environment
Relate to ‘Check, Clean, Dry’ information for directions on cleansing camping and sporting gear before arriving at New Zealand. As soon as in brand brand New Zealand вЂ“ you are able to continue steadily to protect our wildlife and environment by:
- cleaning, checking, and drying your gear whenever you move from location to location. It will help stop insects, like didymo, distributing between our streams.
- cleansing equipment and staying with tracks to slow the spread of this illness that is killing our giant Kauri woods.
- Down load ‘Check, Clean, Dry’ directions for trampers and fishers [PDF, 393 KB]
- Find out about the ‘Check, Clean, Dry’ method
- Down load hygiene measures for Kauri Dieback
- Go to the Keep Kauri Standing web site
Collapse items that are non-biological other services and products
There are various other things brought in into brand New Zealand that may introduce bugs, conditions, or undesirable organisms. These products must conform to a appropriate import wellness standard.
Non-biological products consist of:
- containers and cargo
- cars and equipment.
To get more information find out about:
Collapse Salt and freshwater services and products related to water
Once you enter brand brand brand brand New Zealand, you will have to declare all sodium and freshwater services and products and gear. (more…)